About the job
Abaca is a financial technology company at the forefront of unlocking financial services for the legal cannabis industry. Our mission is simple but challenging: enable deposits, electronic payments and access to capital for cannabis business, all while ensuring our partner financial institutions remain compliant in an ever-changing regulatory landscape. We are passionate about solving these problems for our clients and our small but growing team is becoming a powerful leading force in the industry. To top it off, we are backed by some incredible industry partners and venture capital firms. We are looking for passionate people that can join our team of high performers and that can share our vision.
The Abaca Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer works closely with Product, Development and IT team members to understand business requirements, write test plans, and execute software tests. The QA Engineer attends requirements sessions and core team meetings to understand end user requirements and validate expected system functionality. In addition to partnering with business and technical resources to identify test data, the QA engineer will analyze and identify gaps in requirements based on knowledge of the business systems processes and end to end processes. The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer role is a full time position and reports to the Head of Development.
- Define QA testing scope. Create and maintain detailed test cases/scripts, ensuring scenarios are directly aligned to requirements. Testing scope includes manual and automated test cases.
- Execute QA and UAT test scripts, report bugs, retest bug fixes and maintain test evidence in Azure DevOps.
- Conduct walkthroughs of test scope and test results with Product Analyst.
- Contribute to lessons learned / retrospectives and collaborate with IT team members on implementing process improvements.
- Map out QA use cases for the features being deployed within each sprint.
- Create workflows to support QA efforts for regression testing, feature testing, and bug validation.
- Translate bugs into clear, comprehensive tickets to be resolved
- Manage communication with Developers and Product Managers within the sprint cycle to remove any blockers.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to align on the full scope of new features and launches.
- Create and own KPIs related to code quality for the Development Team.
- Experience with querying and modifying data using SQL to facilitate testing.
- Experience scripting UI with Pupputeer or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with writing Gherkin
- Willingness to break things
- Strong communications
- Scrum skills are a bonus!
We’re looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of software quality assurance experience
- Experience leading release workflows across teams to support 2 week sprints
- Expertise building manual, automation, and regression quality assurance tests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and collaboration skills
- A thorough and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Familiarity with agile methodologies is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a combination of education and experience