About the job
Abaca is a financial technology company at the forefront of unlocking financial services for the legal cannabis industry. Our mission is simple but challenging: enable deposits, electronic payments, and access to capital for cannabis businesses all while ensuring our partner financial institutions remain compliant in an ever-changing regulatory landscape. We are passionate about solving these problems, and our growing team is becoming a powerful leading force in the industry. To top it off, we are backed by some incredible industry partners and venture capital firms. We are looking for passionate people that can join our team of high performers and that can share our vision.
The Client Success Representative is Abaca’s first line of connection to our incredible customers in the cannabis and hemp industries nationwide. The Client Success Representative is responsible for customer retention, customer onboarding, happiness, and cross-selling banking and payments solutions to meet customer needs. Job duties will require basic knowledge of documents collected by the Compliance team and our partner banks to better guide clients as well as an understanding of each client’s business.
The ideal candidate has experience managing customer accounts and is looking to take their experience to a fast-growing startup operating in two very dynamic sectors — fintech and cannabis. Familiarity with CRM systems (such as HubSpot) is preferred. Flexibility, positive energy, and a great attitude are required.
The Abaca Client Success Representative is a full-time position and reports to the Vice President of Accounts. Starting salary is $40,000 per year with additional commission incentives and health benefits.
- Be the primary point of contact for Abaca’s banking customers, including developing relationships with key contacts and maintaining a general level of awareness regarding the customer’s business and their usage of the Abaca platform
- Get new customers onboarded and activated with the use and operation of requested Abaca products and services and provide access to customer support resources
- Be driven, detailed, and solution-oriented with a willingness to think outside the box to resolve customer requests and issues
- Troubleshoot customer issues and drive resolutions
- Provide customer satisfaction and retention
- Appropriately escalate issues to sales, IT, or the executive team when required
- Ensure follow up and completion for all service tickets and outstanding items for customers
- Maintain appropriate CRM databases
- Field customer support calls and log customer interactions as warranted
- Identify opportunities to expand the customer relationship and cross-sell additional products, services, or accounts
- Establish solid relationships with clients to assess their needs and upsell to make us as sticky as possible
- Assist Compliance team with due diligence and document collection
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Able to quickly absorb and recall company policies and procedures pertaining to Compliance, Operations, and various team member roles
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Enthusiastic about working in and contributing to the growth and success of the cannabis industry
- College degree preferred, but not required
- 1 year customer support, service, or success experience preferred
- Health, Medical, and Dental matched at 50%
- Unlimited PTO after probationary period
- Flexible remote work policy after probationary period
- Dog friendly environment
- Good Snacks
Salary: $40,000 + Bonus Incentive